Saturday, January 1, 2011

Glory to God in the Highest

Christmas has been a bit of a blur around the home, and I find it’s already the new year. Helping in the effort to make Christmas special for 48 kids is quite the challenge, but it’s been fun. We’ve been baking cookies, decorating, taking trips to the pool (outdoor in December… woah), wrapping presents, making crafts, PICKING UP MY SISTER EMILY, caroling, planning Christmas parties. Not to mention all the other day to day activities and responsibilities. Somehow, even amidst all the chaos and busyness, the pace is still different from that of other Christmases. There has been more time to think about, talk about, and reflect on what God did for us on Christmas. Maybe it’s because my focus has been a lot less on me, or maybe because others in this culture don’t put as much emphasis on Christmas, at least not the material aspect, or maybe it’s just that I’m in a place where the Christmas story seems more real, a place where it seems like the events talked about in Matthew and Luke could really happen. I’m just working my hardest this Christmas and hopefully throughout the year to bring “glory to God in the highest.”
Hopefully I’ll get around to posting more about what’s been going on soon. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment