Monday, November 29, 2010

All for a rabbit

I used to frequently write cheesy poems for my friends, but I have neglected to write any for a while, so I thought I'd try my hand at it again...

The other day Sylvester came up to me,
With a rather unique plea.
He wanted to go a little ways away,
To get a rabbit to bring to the home to stay.
I reminded Sylvester I can’t drive the car
And to walk with a rabbit it would be a little far.
“We can ride the bikes” he replied

I said “why sure I will,”
but on the way I took a little spill:-(

(Our gravel road is not mud, rut, or puddle free)
So instead of just Obroni I heard “Obroni, your knee”
We arrived at Rita and Regina’s home,
Where the rabbits, kittens, puppies, guinea fowl, etc. roam.

We put the rabbit in a container shoe-box like

It’s a good think he’s better at riding bike!
Now so long as the dogs don’t eat her,
In not too long we’ll have plenty of rabbits for sure!

1 comment:

  1. Poor you with your knee! Hope it gets better real soon.
    I can just imagine the children's delight when the baby rabbits start arriving!!

    ReplyDelete