Thursday, November 25, 2010

This Thanksgiving the only turkey around is the paper one on my fridge...
earlier this week I took supplies down to the boys dorm to make the same paper turkeys, but before we could make them I had to explain what a turkey was... not that I expect them to celebrate thanksgiving here, I just needed to do a little something in honor of the holiday I'm missing, and the kids are always up for a craft.
Since it is Thanksgiving it seems only right that I let all of you know some of the things I'm thankful for this year. In all actuality Thanksgiving did come at a good time because I needed the reminder to take a little time to think about the many blessing God has given me.
I am thankful for...
all the friends and family I have supporting me while I'm here
the opportunity to show 47+ kids the love of Jesus
hugs and kisses from Moses
songs sung by Kweku
Bismark's laugh
the generator that is on right now
the way Seyram squeaks my name
Bernice's huuum
the power of prayer
random questions from Prince
Sylvester's grin
notes from friends
BOMAs from PK and Afua Kyera
and most of all for my savior who is in control of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment