Friday, July 1, 2011

I look around at the kids at the home and I see so much potential.

· kids who will be amazing leaders who are loved and respected by their peers

· a boy who could become an amazing inventor

· future teachers

· a future soldier

· a future doctor

· a writer

· dancers and singers

· mothers and fathers

· pastors and missionaries

I hope and pray they get the opportunities to be those things. Walking through the village paths and looking at the people around Ghana outside of Accra, or on the streets in Accra there are so many children who have potential but no opportunity for a good education and no support from people who love and care. Things that would make it possible for them to have the opportunities to become many of the above things.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with being someone who has a shop and sells vegetables, pots, or anything else for a living. I know God has placed them there and has a plan for them. But I also see the dreams of some of the kids here and the gifts and talents they possess and I hope that there will be a way for them to have a future doing those things.


As I start to think about leaving (in a month ahh!!) and I’m still unsure about if/when I will be back I start to worry about the kids and wonder what will happen to them. Not that I have control over their futures or can do anything at all without God, but I selfishly sometimes feel like while I’m here I do. I pray that the seeds planted in their lives by myself and the people before me will take root and grow as some of them are nearing and entering “adulthood.” And that they would have the support, discipline, and means to do the things God has called them to, and to do them well.

No comments:

Post a Comment