Wednesday, July 20, 2011

In one week

In one week...

  • I will get to see family and friends
  • I will probably feel clean for the first time in a year
  • A little more variety and tastiness will be added to my diet
  • I will be able to sleep in past six without having kids outside doing chores or knocking on my door.
  • I will experience air conditioning
  • I will drive again (maybe-yikes)
  • I will have many things right at my fingertips

but I have a feeling I would give it all up again...

  • to be able to give the kids here another hug
  • to sit and talk with them about life
  • to have them up to my apartment to bake and dance and be a little crazy
  • to read with them
  • to comfort them
  • to teach and tutor them
  • to experience with the kids everything that life brings their way

I don't know what my next step in life is, I haven't felt ready to fully commit to anything in particular long term. I do know that a big chunk of my heart, thoughts, and prayers will be back here with the kids, and right now I'm not exactly sure when I will next see them, but I'm glad God is here and with them when I am not and he is infinitely more capable than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment