Saturday, July 9, 2011

A busy week!

The summer months (although that's not what we call them here and it doesn't seem like summer since we are still in school) have brought many exciting people to the home! This past week we had a visitor to the home who did some puppet shows for the kids which they absolutely loved, and some of us staff got some training in puppets. There is a lot more that goes into doing puppets well then I could have ever imagined!

I also got the opportunity to visit with some people from North Dakota and Minnesota as a team one of my friends is on came by for a day to visit the home, help with painting, and talk with the kids. What a blessing! The boys are very happy with their much improved bath house.

And, this week I finally convinced some people to come along with me on an adventure I've wanted to have since I got here. We woke up at 5 to go to the train station in Kotoku and ride the train into Accra to market.
I was not disappointed. The train is definitely one that would have been taken out of service a long time ago if it were back home. It took us a little over two hours to go the fifteen or twenty miles into town. sitting facing into the next car it was a little questionable watching the car behind us rocking back and forth (or maybe it was ours doing the rocking) and seeing the many people standing and hanging out the windows. But we made it in one piece to market and had a busy day wandering through finding the things we needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment