Thursday, June 28, 2012

It's all coming back to me now


                                                                                                                                                    June 19
I didn’t know for sure how I would do jumping back into life here in Ghana, I knew I had a better idea how to do and find things than I did before, but I was a little concerned when I said I could come to market to help with shopping last Monday and ended up doing the food shopping for the team alone. I was told “We will drop you here walk in that direction and we will pick you up at a busy street.” I thought, “I don’t know what street, I haven’t been in market for a while, it is impossible to go even sort of straight through market…” but I managed to find everything we needed from about twenty different stands, I don’t think I got ripped off too much, and I even found the van. Quite a large victory for this directionally challenged girl! I found I haven’t forgotten too much of the Twi I have learned (although that wasn’t much, and I’ve relearned how to turn down proposals… well I don’t know if I do the best job of it, but I had my youngest the other day as a mother I was talking to asked me to marry her three year old son L

No comments:

Post a Comment