Sunday, June 3, 2012

I'm heading back!

I haven't posted in quite some time, but I've had a few people ask if I will blog again when I head back to Ghana. This is me saying I will try, and maybe I'll even continue after... not like there aren't things I learn and do outside of Africa, hard to say... anyway, on to the actual post.

I'm headed back to Haven of Hope in two days, well a little less than that now. On Tuesday I will jump back into what seems in some ways like a whole different world, but in other ways, like home. It feels different this time, I know what to expect as far as where I'll be living, what I'll be eating, what I'll be doing, but then there are things that I'm not sure about.

Where will my relationships with the people I met and got to know be? Will they welcome me back warmly? I haven't gotten to talk to most of them since I've been back... will we be back to square one? I know I can't expect things to be the same as when I left, nor would I want them to be. Will "my" kids be all grown up? I've prayed certain things for them so hard this year, will some things have changed? - Just a few of the myriad of thoughts flying through my brain these days in case you were curious.

I want the interactions and things I do with people to have a purpose beyond being something to occupy time, (something I want more of here in the US and there). I want Jesus to be the center, loving sharing, taking every opportunity to talk about God and his blessings to us, to teach about grace. Pray that for me more than anything if you have the chance.

Logistics for those who don't know: I'll be leaving Tuesday and come back the end of July. It's the tenth anniversary of the home, so I'll be helping to get ready for some celebrations for that, working on some projects with summer teams, helping with the school, and hopefully getting to jump back into some of the bible studies and other activities I did with the kids and people around while I was there. I would appreciate, and NEED prayers for wisdom, health, patience, and many other things I'm sure. Please keep the home and those of us ministering there in your prayers.

If you have questions or anything else feel free to comment or e-mail me (Amanda.Smith512@gmail.com) I should have at least limited e-mail access some days.

~Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment