Sunday, September 5, 2010


This past week has been a blur of new activities... fishing with the boys, doing laundry with the girls, visiting markets, eating Ghanaian food... so many, many things. We also had the opportunity to take the girls to a pool in Tema, thanks to some friends of Lauren! It is crazy to me how excited they were to ride in a crowded van for an hour and a half to swim, but they seem to love and appreciate everything we take the time to do with them which is exciting. They are all so beautiful and I feel privileged to be spending this time with them.
Today we went to help out at the street ministry in Accra, it was really good to see what Every Child Ministries is doing there and help out with it, but hard to be there and see where these kids are coming from and what they go though. More to come on that when I have sorted through my emotions a little more...
I miss you guys,
Amanda

In the photo I am with Maa Abena and Comfort, the two youngest girls at the home. They are bundles of joy eager to get love and attention from anywhere they can.

No comments:

Post a Comment