Saturday, September 25, 2010

The one month mark

I have officially been here a month! Wow! School is now in full swing and life is busy. I enjoy each day getting to know different children here at the home a little better. Some days it is easy to get frustrated with things at school, with the lack of textbooks, the fact that my papers or students notebooks are constantly being blown away by the wind, the wide range in levels of students, the ever increasing class sizes, switching classrooms, and how the school often operates on Ghanaian time. However, I am learning to work with it, and most of my fifty students seem very eager to learn and I am starting to develop a routine with my classes as I gauge more where they are at and set down expectations and goals.
In the biblestudy I’m leading with the younger girls we have been talking about the fruits of the spirit and going through and studying them beforehand and then again with the kids has helped me to remember to have peace about different things, and patience in the situations that come my way this past couple weeks too. So I leave you with this, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda, I'm a Sparkfriend of you moms and have been following your progress on your blogs.
    What an inspiration you are to be giving one year to help at the school. I've visited Africa many times and I know it's not easy to live there.
    May the Lord bless you and guide you as you help those needy children to grow spiritually and educationally of course.
    Blessings
    Janet

    ReplyDelete