Monday, February 21, 2011

Is this rainy season?

According to the super accurate (sometimes) science textbook I teach from we are currently in the dry season until June and it almost never rains. However over the last few weeks I've been caught out in the village in the rain, had to teach in rain, and just spent time running through it. Aside from it blowing into my classroom, my laundry, and my open windows, I can't say I mind though. It usually comes with a nice breeze and at least cools the temp down for a few hours. I guess the weather isn't a whole lot more predictable here than it was in North Dakota.

Things with the kids and school aren't a whole lot more predictable there are rainy days and sun shiney days, but I don't know if I can mention enough times how much I love these kids! Their smiles, their laughs, their random questions, (like if the Brady Bunch theme is the National Anthem for the United States) their more serious questions about the bible and life. I love the day to day accomplishments and growths I get to witness and be a part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment