Monday, August 16, 2010

Goodbye familiar

Star-gazing is something I've always enjoyed and it always makes me wish I knew more about the constellations and different objects in the sky. There are a few which I have come to recognize over the years and as I laid outside tonight, I found myself wondering how different the sky will be when I am in Ghana.
There are so many things that I wonder about, so many things that will be changes and require adjustments. It's weird to think that instead of moving back to Fargo, familiarity, and friends in a week for school, I will have even more goodbyes to say and will be heading somewhere foreign where I don't know any of the people. I'm thankful and find comfort in the fact that there is one thing that I can rest assured won't change. God is still the same and he is working everywhere. When I go he will go with me, He will be there helping me and giving me the wisdom and endurance I will need to serve him at Haven of Hope.

Blessings,
Amanda


If you want to see or know a little more about the orphanage and school where I will be serving you can check out their website at

http://ecmafrica.org/36238.ihtml
http://ecmafrica.org/36226.ihtml

1 comment:

  1. Wow Amanda, I'm impressed! I'm really sorry that I wasn't around for the last year to witness this awesomeness developing in your life. I hope that you have a terrific time in Ghana and that you grow more and more with Christ.

    God Bless!
    Norm

    ReplyDelete